How does the meter work?
A diabetes monitoring device consists of several parts:
The instruction manual is attached to each meter;
- It is required to insert a test strip into a special hole.
- Using the lancet, you need to pierce the skin of your finger.
- The third step is applying the biomaterial (blood) to the test strip.
- After a few seconds, the analysis results will be displayed.
New product glucometers without test strips
If you need to insert a new test strip every time before measuring, in a new meter, in a new device, a rotating drum inside the device does it for you. Two rotating drum inside the cassette are separated, one of which stores a clean tape, the second - used.
Compared to devices requiring regular replacement of consumables, blood glucose meters without test strips have a lot of advantages:
- they do not require regular replacement of consumables;
- the time taken to measure the level of sugar in the blood is reduced (now it is from 3 to 5 seconds);
- one test cartridge lasts for a long period of use.
There are several types of glucometers without test strips on the market of pharmacological preparations and specialized medical devices:
The cost of the device is from 3 to 4 thousand rubles. You can buy a blood glucose meter at an online store or an online pharmacy by reservation. This meter is equipped with a specialized tape containing 50 test fields.
Being the most popular manufacturer of glucometers, the company "ELTA" launched the sale of satellite devices that do not require regular replacement of test strips.
Compared to Accu-Chek, this option has the following advantages:
- due to the well-known products, blood glucose meters can be purchased at many pharmacies;
- acceptable cost of the device: the price of the brand satellite meter is 2-3 thousand rubles.
Minimalism + accuracy = an innovative approach to disease control!